We must be back to happy Saturdays!

Today we went into town and got a new bulb for my beautiful sewing machine, as well as a new black rubber wheel turner thing and an embroidery circle thingy... Yes I know, I'm so knowledgeable when it comes to the technical terms, but look what I made -

My very first embroidery attempt :)

My Saturday was also happy because I spoke to both my sisters and one of my best friends, not such a big deal for most people but the wonderful women in my life are far away and so, we don't see each other or chat much... Anyway very happy because I've just booked tickets to Glasgow for 5 days at the end of the month to visit my dad and stepmom before they move back to South Africa. My big sister is going to be there visiting too before she heads off again round the world and one of my best friends Amy and her lovely man live in Edinburgh so I'll be able to catch up with them all - happy happy HAPPY times to look forward to :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay for happiness! And I love you're little sewing project! *Sew* sweet! ;-)

    Hey, every Saturday I've started creating a post called The Little Things where I talk about things that have made me happy during the week and I'm inviting fellow bloggers to jump in...so if you ever feel like sharing some good news, check it out!
    http://skymindedandevergrowing.blogspot.com/2012/01/little-things_21.html

    Hope the rest of your weekend is as happy as today was for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the sewing machine Astra. My first projects as a teenager were sewn on my grandmother's old singer which was manual and had a handle that you turned to make the machine sew. It was hard work and sometimes my older brother used to do the winding while I steered the material! It never broke down though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bee Girl - Sew sweet! I love it lol! we've been doing the sew puns all week and am still loving them. I have been reading your little things posts, lovely idea, ill be linking up my happy lists in the future :)

    Mrs Thrifty - I love how those old machines look, we had an old singer with a manual foot pedal for a while when I was younger, I'd love to get one one day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - it's really appreciated and I always reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...