My 101 challenges 4 months in...

Well so far I think I have done quite well with my 101 challenges in 1001 days. Some things have been harder than others... I did the list to encourage myself to live the life I want now, not put things off and when I pop back to read it every now and then it does give me a little nudge "don't forget to keep that up" or "must make time for that this month". Its a great thing to have going on and I recommend it to anyone :)

Keeping up the baking. Number 34

Number 21 "buy no lettuce in 2012 - grow it all ourselves" has been the hardest LOL this weekend is the first time we've had lettuce this year! Lettuce has been really really missed in our house but we replaced it with sprouts and survived, we will not go without again - I've planted so much!

a journey to a dream
Mung, chickpea and alfalfa sprouts

Number 99 "say 'I love you' to my husband at least 3 times a day, every day" has been the easiest I'm crazy about him and he knows it :)

a journey to a dream

So far I have crossed off 15 and am on track with 16 others, not too bad but having a good look through again has made me see how many amazing things I have planned, and since I have some extra time off these next 2 weeks I am really gonna focus on crossing some more off!

I know lots of you are doing the 101 challenge, hows yours coming on? Anyone near the end of theirs? Anyone need a cyber kick up the butt? Just kidding... or am I? haha!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Astra, you are such a good influence on me.

    I am just over a third of my way through the time and have crossed off 42 of my 101. So that's not too bad.

    But I have been ignoring my list lately and there is some really good stuff on it.

    7 relate to our forthcoming trip to Africa. 1 that I really need to do is transfer my previous spotting notes into my new bird book (Birds of Southern Africa). It will take a while but will be SOOOOOOOOO worth it! Maybe I'll try and do 3 pages a day.

    I have some photos to print out and annotate before I completely forget about what I saw and did (New Zealand and previous Africa trip).

    Some of the 101 goals are like yours and refer to the life we live now. I love that we try to heat our cottage with 'free' wood and live a frugal, debt free lifestyle.

    I think next I'll try and organise some 'frugal' trips to London. The next few months get hectic at school and it's nice to break it up with some fun. All of my London goals are based on 'free things to do'.

    I know that Bryallen is up to 50 things on her list.

    But I too would like to hear from others doing the challenge. It would really help spur me on!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 42 crossed off is really really good and like you say you have a lot planned which will be crossed off soon. Al and I have just had a really close look at our finances again and need to plan some free things to do also while we save hard these next few months.

      Its brilliant to hear how others are getting on :) loved your recent post x

      Delete
  2. I forgot about Matt in New Zealand http://up-over.blogspot.co.uk/

    How could I forget!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need a kick up the butt!

    It sounds like yours are going really well. I think I need to re-think my list - my current one is sort of a life list. I need to do one for this year of smaller things that I really want to do, so I can do them whilst planning and hopefully saving for the big stuff.

    Mmmmmmm off to sit with pen and paper and get thinking. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha well consider your butt kicked! Ive read your list and there are so many fun things on it that you can do whilst saving, its all about doing the things you want NOW and its all fun/good things we want to do, they're not chores I always have to remind myself that lol x

      Delete
  4. Good job! I've been slacking on mine...thanks for reminding me and inspiring me :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bee girl it's so nice to hear I'm inspiring people! You have been doing so much on your garden this last wee while don't be too hard on yourself with the 101's.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment - it's really appreciated and I always reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...